Idolatry plagued the nation of Israel. God repeatedly warned Israel not to follow idols, but Israel repeatedly ignored the divine Word and followed after gods it crafted. And the history of God’s chosen nation changed from God-ordained to godless.
A nation without reverence and awe for God’s nature and revealed directives becomes a godless nation. A congregation of the Lord’s Church that removes the reverence and awe for God’s nature and revealed directives becomes a godless Church. The congregation’s lampstand will be removed.
This study looks at this tragic development even in our modern day. The allure of idolatry is even stronger in our modern times. Modern idolatry does not seek to fashion God from stones and wood but seeks to remake God in OUR image.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Losing the Biblical Awe
- Making the God of MY Choice
- Believing Modern Idolatry's Lie
- A Pantheon of gods
- The Pantheon Increases
- Restoring Reverence by Repentance
- Restoring Reverence with Authority
- Guarding the Reverence (Pt. 1)
- Guarding the Reverence (Pt. 2)
- Standing for the Lord
- The Character and Cunning of the Destructionist
- The Destructionist's Heretical Denial
The materials are professionally printed and perfect bound in a book for the teacher. It includes all lessons from the digital download. This printed version will allow the teacher to have a printed version of the class without having to coordinate and print the materials. Note: every purchase of this book will give you a free digital download so you will have access to the handouts and other items in the digital download.
The digital download includes a .zip file that contains the materials to teach this series in any Bible class setting and includes the following items:
- Graphics that can be used in bulletins or signage (JPG and PDF formats)
- Printable Teacher Lessons with full-content outlines of each lesson (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages
- Printable Student Handouts with permission to print for students (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages
- Printable Teacher Edition with all lesson outlines, handouts and PowerPoint slides (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages
- Printable Student Workbook with all student handouts included (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages (or 11 x 17 booklet)
- PowerPoint Slideshows for each lesson (PPS format)
The files are organized in the .zip file in labeled folders for easy access, reading, and printing by the teacher.The purchase of the digital download includes permission to print the files as needed for use in the Bible class but does not allow the sale, transfer, copying, or dissemination of any kind of the digital files from the purchaser to any other user. Additional purchases of the digital download is required by other individuals other than the original purchaser.
|Author||John L. Kachelman Jr.|
|Type of Study||Topical|
|Digital Download Details:|
|File Size||36.3 MB|
|File Type||.zip (contains PDF and PPT files)|
Making God in Our Image [Book]
- Product Code: BK-010
- Availability: In Stock
- 20 or more $8.00