Many in today’s world admit that God can get angry, but they often fail to accept the whole truth of that reality. This is both perplexing and concerning. How can we believe in the anger of God but fail to realize that His anger is the very reason we may face the burning fire of hell? Don’t we nullify God’s love if we embrace the anger of God? Illustrating our culture’s warped view of God’s anger are these comments:
“Modern Christians may talk about God as a loving father, or even a ‘Jesus buddy,’ the kind you’d want to play golf with, but in reality ‘Bible-God’ goes out of his way to be intimidating. Worse, he appears to lose control of his temper at times, lashing out like an over-sized thwarted three year old; and his earthly representatives, the prophets—including Jesus—do the same.”
“Yahweh, acts like a heavenly dictator with borderline personality disorders… professes his undying love, kindness and mercy, but then commands his minions to commit brutal atrocities when he isn’t up for it himself…especially the plentiful Bible stories about sexual slavery and human sacrifice.”
How can modern minds dismiss a Holy God in such words? With a blithe wave and smirking smile we are told “that’s YOUR personal reality about God.” Sadly, the God of the Bible has been victimized and misconstrued by this philosophy. This study takes an in-depth look at the anger of the God rooted in Scripture, examines why God’s anger is viewed differently by people and explains how this difference occurs far too often. Hopefully we will see why man must not only admit but accept the anger of God and change accordingly. The biblical texts will completely convey the true anger of God and help us understand that the anger of the Almighty is really a demonstration of the Almighty’s holy love!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Erasing the Anger of God
- The Imbalanced God
- The Biblical Words
- The Biblical Witness
- The Biblical Metaphors
- Igniting God's Anger
- The Focus of God's Anger
- The Embodiment of God's Anger
- Placating God's Anger
- Eternal Consequences: Hell
- The Balance of God's Love & Anger
- It Would Be Comforting But...
The materials are professionally printed and perfect bound in a book. It includes all lessons from the digital download. Note: every purchase of this book will give you a free digital download so you will have access to the handouts and other items in the digital download.
The digital download includes a .zip file that contains the materials to teach this series in any Bible class setting and includes the following items:
- Graphics that can be used in bulletins or signage (JPG and PDF formats)
- Printable Teacher Lessons with full-content outlines of each lesson (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages
- Printable Student Handouts with permission to print for students (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages
- Printable Teacher Edition with all lesson outlines, handouts and PowerPoint slides (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages
- Printable Student Workbook with all student handouts included (PDF format) -- formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 size pages (or 11 x 17 booklet)
- PowerPoint Slideshows for each lesson (PPS format)
The files are organized in the .zip file in labeled folders for easy access, reading, and printing by the teacher.The purchase of the digital download includes permission to print the files as needed for use in the Bible class but does not allow the sale, transfer, copying, or dissemination of any kind of the digital files from the purchaser to any other user. Additional purchases of the digital download is required by other individuals other than the original purchaser.
|Author||John Kachelman, Jr.|
Accepting the Anger of God [Book]
- Product Code: BK-012
- Availability: In Stock
- 20 or more $8.00